"Database Not Available" error

This topic is 5076 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Been a long time since I've been on the forum so please excuse any social gaffes. I have spent several days searching this and other forums and have seen several similar situations but can't find an answer that works, but feel free to point to one if anyone knows of one.

Have been running FMSA7 on Dell 1750 with Win2003 and IIS for about 4 years. Solutions are served to remote clients and to web via IWP. This machine also hosts a couple of websites, FTP server, and streaming video. None of these gets a large volume of traffic.

Recently lost our access to IWP. I can see the Database Homepage and filenames but get a "Database Not Available" error when trying to access the files. I have installed all available FM7 updates and uninstalled and reinstalled FMS and all web publishing components.

When I try to use the web publishing admin console from the browser, it will let me enter the identifier and passcode, then I get the "Web Server and Console Require Restart" message. Restarting these have no effect, and clicking anything else gets an "unknown error" message.

According to the log, it says that Tomcat is down or unable to receive messages.

The only thing that was done to the server anytime close to this was that I had the IIS console open looking at configurations for our websites, and "Integrated Windows authentication" was inadvertently checked and saved, which I know is a Filemaker no-no. I unchecked it and re-saved, and have rebooted several times since, but now we no longer have IWP.

Could there be a cache or registry entry stored somewhere that is still holding the wrong authentication entry, or is there something else I need to look at? Everything including the machine itself has been restarted and rebooted numerous times since then.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated--thanks!!!

• 1 year later...

This topic is 5076 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.