Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM Server Adv 10 on 2 machines, one Vista Business 64bit

This topic is 5478 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Does anyone know if it is possible to run a 2 machine configuration with the Master machine being Windows Server 2003 32bit and the worker machine being Vista Business 64bit. I will be using IWP and eventually PHP. I'm currently running FM Server 9 Adv in a 2 machine config but can't do the upgrade until I know if having Vista Bus64 in the mix will work. Thanks!

Edited by Guest

I think you're headed for problems here.

The Tech Specs Page for FileMaker Server 10 is imprecise, but here is what we do know.

Generally speaking, Vista is a [color:red]one machine only configuration. FileMaker Server 10 will run on Windows Server 2008 SE 64 bit edition, but it runs in 32 bit mode only, and if Web Publsihing is involved there is a bunch of work to do in resetting the ISAPI filters and application pooling.

I believe you'd be better off using one or the other of the 32 bit versions of the Windows Server OS here.

Steven

I did get it "running" but as you mentioned changes had to be made to get it running 32bit apps. Running is an over statement on my part, pages load but only after 5 minutes of lag time between them. I'm going to ditch Vista64 and install W2k3. Thanks!

This topic is 5478 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.