This topic is 5434 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I'm using a pop-up window that enters find mode as a method to search the database. I'm not very fond of pop-up windows, as they can get "lost" if the user accidentally clicks outside of them. So, I'm using the "pause script" script step to make the pop-up "modal".

There are two buttons within the pop-up: "Cancel" and "Search". "Cancel" resumes the script and closes the pop-up, while "Search" performs the find and changes the pop-up layout to display the found set as a list.

I also have keystroke triggers, set on every field within the search layout, to trap the return and escape keys. "Return" is supposed to be like clicking the "Search" button and "Escape" like clicking the "Cancel" button.

Clicking the "Search" button works fine, but pressing "Enter" seems to continue the paused script, such that, when the results are displayed, the window is no longer "modal".

Hopefully my explanation makes sense, but I've also attached a lean version of my database to play with.

Thanks for any advice or help you can give.

ScriptTriggerProblem.zip

I use a loop to keep the use in the script. Use End Loop to let the script exit when the necessary conditions have been met, or make the button on the layout that the user clicks EXIT the current script.

This topic is 5434 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.