Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Error for My Database

This topic is 8597 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I created a database for my school for as a Community Service Logbook. As the details of the database aren't relevant (I don't think anyway), I'll just tell my problem. I am not the administrator for the school's FMP Server, so I am not knowledgeable about how it works, however the admin told me what the problem was but he wasn't sure what was causing it, so I said I'd post it on this forum and see if anyone might have some ideas of what could be causing it.

When he tries to open the file through the server it says "error occurred;unable to open file" He is able to open it off the desktop as a regular file, but not through the server. Any ideas of what might be causing it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Pem Brown

First thing to look at, are you developing in FMP 5 and running FMS 5 or possibility FMS 3. FMP 5 files will not run on FMS 3. Vice Versa, FMP 4 or 3 files will not run on an FMS 5 server until they've been converted.

Barring the above, make sure the file is set to multi user, and if he is trying to mount the file thru Remote Admin that he has update the Server Admin extension.

Those are the only things I can think of, Hope this helps.

This topic is 8597 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.