Send Mail- Error Message"Could not send emails"

This topic is 5432 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I am on the SendMail issue --big time :

So-I have a Sendmail script setup to work with SMTP and it seems to be operating just fine! I find "groups" of users, from 2-600< to send messages to and I ALWAYS put in my gmail account as one of the recipients to make sure everything works---i.e sending mail

The problem:

Sometimes when I send out a "batch" of emails, I get the "Can"t send Email(s)" dialog message from FM Server. Howver, each time I get that message I also correctly receive the email in my gmail account. I am making the assumption that the most/vast majority of emails are going out correctly ---and only improperly formatted or non-existing email addies are kicking back causing that message dialog box ...since I GET the emails in my account -no problem

Questions:

1) Is my assumption regarding the emails probably correct?

2) Is there anyway (log, script step, etc.) for me to CONFIRM that emails were sent out ? .....and if I can somehow see/access the ones that successfully went and more importantly the emails that failed?

I have tried looking ast my Mac Server SMTP logs....nothing there...and in the FM server admin not much there either....

Any help would be appreciated...

Jim

This topic is 5432 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.