Server Console Configuration no response

Echo

This topic is 8509 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

When I run the FileMaker Server Console Configuration screen, I see 5 'assistant' icons on the right hand window pane of MMC1.1. Nothing happens when I click on those icons, other than Server Monitoring, which simply displays an HTML page.

Is this normal? As I have the feeling that those icons should do their respective functions.

Extra info: installed FMServer 5 on a dedicated newly installed NT4.0 workstation. Applied service pack 6.a. installed IE4.01 then IE5.5.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Originally posted by Echo:

When I run the FileMaker Server Console Configuration screen, I see 5 'assistant' icons on the right hand window pane of MMC1.1. Nothing happens when I click on those icons, other than Server Monitoring, which simply displays an HTML page.

This is a known problem with Explorer5.5 but not previous versions. The workaround is to right click in the right sided frame on the screen (where the icons are, not necessarily on the icons). A list of the actions of the icons will pop up nd will work fine. On the left frame of the screen, you can right click on an item and choose properties and make those work just fine.

------------------

This topic is 8509 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.