File Export on a NT server

Aero

This topic is 8503 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just instanlled a FMP solution on the client's server that runs on NT. The solution exports some FMP files. During the process the solution imports back the data from the same exported files.

Now, I run this solution on a MAC FMP server and everything works fine. The only difference is that the exported files are automatically created on the guest's computer, in the FMP folder.

Now here is the problem. When I run the same soution on my client's NT server, I get and error message where it says something like "Write protection error. Use another disk..." And on this error message the name of the file that can't be written is mixed with some stange caracters.

How can I get this to work on the NT server?

RD

I to had this problem but fixed it via the following

Have you checked the security settings on the Directory it's writing to?

And if the login name has Superuser or Admin rights?

Also redo the steps in your script, I read somewhere that the Mac uses "/" as the internal path switch the PC uses ""

Plus if your mac was in a zone it will include "*" instead of "" which the PC uses for a domain.

Hope this helps

After doing some testing, here is what I found.

When you process as mentioned earlier when using a MAC client, FMP writes your export files in the FileMaker folder of the client's computer. When accessing the shared database from a PC client, FMP does not know where to write the export files unless you do the following.

Create a conditional script based on the platform (Status CurrentPlatform) and redo all the export scripts on a PC platform and make sure you indicate to FMP to export the files to c>Program File>FileMaker.

I use the FileMaker folder because it is what the FMP installer installs and this way I am almost sure this directory will be on all client's computer.

Any one has a better idea?

This topic is 8503 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.