FileMaker Pro 9 and Mac Print Settings

mattosaur4

This topic is 5446 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

I have 4-5 users with FileMaker Pro 9.0v3 on Mac OS 10.5.5 - 10.5.7. I am finding a lot of our older databases converted from version 5 to 7 and now being used in 9 have some weird Print type settings saved within them. I am trying to figure out how to clear them.

The main file I am trying to fix keeps setting the media type to "Letterhead" rather than "Plain" or "None". I can't find anywhere to change this in FileMaker and don't know why it keeps restoring that setting. The print dialog is using the "Standard" Mac preset which from every other application shows the Media Type as None which is what I want.

There are no scripts in these databases restoring print settings, I added a script trying to set it back to A4, Any Printer, but there is no media options in the FileMaker > Page Setup screen.

Any ideas on where it's pulling it's print settings from? I tried creating a new database and by default printing from that is back on media type "None". I also tried opening this database in FileMaker 10 and letterhead setting was there. It also happened when I tried the database on another machine. It appears to be within the file somewhere.

Matt

This topic is 5446 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.