Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Issues with FM5 on Mac Mini

This topic is 5392 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hey everyone, i'm new to the forums. Hoping to get a push in the right direction with a minor issue that i can't seem to resolve.

I'm hosting about a dozen or so custom filemaker databases from Mac OS9, in FM5. My users are all utilizing FM5 from Mac OS X 10.5.7, via network.

One of my users has this issue: When he connects in the morning, he goes about his usual business either editing existing records or creating new records and printing most of them to a network printer. After about an hour of toggling between FileMaker and various other programs, he will return to FileMaker only to find that he can no longer type in any of the fields. You would think that simply closing THIS database and reconnecting would resolve this, however this is not the case. He must close all of his open databases, quit FileMaker altogether, relaunch and reconnect to the databases. Out of 7 or 8 users, he is the only one with this issue.

I have uninstalled FileMaker and reinstalled it, however this did not resolve the issue. I have compared his preferences to all of the other users and they are identical. I have changed various preferences over a few week period and nothing.

Has anyone encountered this? Any ideas?

I sincerely appreciate any assistance and i'm very grateful that there is a forum such as this one.

Jason

This topic is 5392 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.