one file per folder?

This topic is 5406 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello, i hope i didn´t miss an answer to it elsewhere:

As i understand it supercontainer does only show the first file in a folder. I have a huge collection of images stored in a fixed folder-structure (up to 200 images per folder). What can i do to access these images with supercontainer inside FM without changing the folder-structure?

SuperContainer automatically creates and places each file in its own folder. You do not need to do this manually. It happens as you upload files. This is done to make it easier to retrieve files when working with FileMaker records and urls. You will never need to manually create a folder structure for SuperContainer.

If you would like to give this a try, I recommend downloading the demo http://360works.com/supercontainer and giving it a try yourself! SuperContainer Server will run for two hours at a time in demo mode before you will need to restart it to reset the timer and continue using it.

If you will have a lot of files to upload to SuperContainer, you will probably want to use the SuperContainer companion plugin which is included in the SuperContainer download. This plugin adds functions to help you script the uploading and downloading of files. The included demo files can be used to see example scripts of this working.

Thanks for your answer.

Importing the whole collection through SC would duplicate all images. I already have an index for all the images and would like to point SC to the files. This is basically working, but i always get the first image in the folder although i had the filename in the path.

Unfortunately i must use the images inside the existing structure, because other systems rely on it and duplication is not an option.

This topic is 5406 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.