Password Not Working

This topic is 5379 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This morning I opened a file that I am developing. As usual, it asked for my password, and then opened normally. I made a few changes but was then called away for about an hour. When I returned I re-opened the file and it did not ask for a password, but went straight to the startup screen. I tried to reset the password, no help; I deleted myself and then established a new user (same as the one I deleted), again no help. I also noted that when I closed this file I got an "Unexpected Quit" message.

I next got out my installation disk, and re-installed the application. This solved the unexpected quit problem, but I still can't get my file to ask me for a password.

Thinking I had a corrupted preference file,I deleted the Filemaker plist and the Filemaker preferences from my user library. Still no help.

I'm out of ideas - can anyone help???

TIA

Are you using FMP 7 on Leopard? (That's what you profile indicates.) FMP 7 is not compatible with Leopard. IN fact FMP 7 was pretty #@$%^& in general. You need FMP 8.5v2 or later for Leopard.

Hold the option key down when opening the file to force authentication. Check the File Options for an auto-login setup.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, but the way things stand, anyone could launch the program with full access and not have to enter a password or user name. I don't want to just leave it this way when I put this into production.

What I need is a way to restore the state where everyone, including me, is forced to enter a name and password.

This topic is 5379 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.