trouble with fmserver on Red Hat 7/OS X client

jedward

This topic is 8185 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have installed(and reinstalled) FileMaker Server 5.5. on a linux box. When I try to connect to certain files I get this message:

Administrator: You must have access to the system files on the host computer. Please contact the system administrator for this action.

I looked at the priviledges -- even set the FileMaker user to root to see if that was the problem. No dice -- I can't figure out where to look. Has anybody had this problem? Any suggestions?

Hi,

When you say 'try to connect to file', are you referring to a FMPro client connectiong to the FMPro server?

Or to FMPro opening your data files ?

If the later, try having the FMPro files in the same directory as the server application.

If the former, check with the Open remote command, and ensure that the clients are set up to connect via TCP/IP.

Rgds, Partha

• Newbies

Thanks for the suggestion but it still does not work.

I can connect to the FileMaker Server but I cant access the files. That is where I get the message. I tried connecting from a Win98 machine and got the same error message.

I have done everything I know as far as permissions go and they seem to be fine. What system files is FM looking for? Are there any other resources on the net for FM and Linux?

Cud u check one last thing. Open the files on your Linux server through a FMPro 5.5 client directly. Ensure that it is multi-user, and then check if any other client (configured for TCP/IP) can see that file.

If not, problem is in the TCP/IP port used by FMPro. If yes, the files are either not set to multi user or need to be recovered.

Thanks

• Newbies

Thanks again for your suggestion. Turns out the problem was in a FileMaker script which was referenced when opening files. If anyone is using File Maker Framework Solutions available for download at the FM site, beware that in order to use them over a network you need to mess around with the scripts a little. Everything works fine now --

I changed the file options script from:

If status (CurrentMultiUserStatus <> 2)

to

If status (CurrentMultiUserStatus <>1)

jason

This topic is 8185 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.