more newbie questions

This topic is 8158 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm setting up FMS on a Citrix server. I have things going along pretty well, excpet for this. One of the databases uses scripted buttons with sorts to display only the relelvant records to a user. On stand-alone, it works fine, but as a hosted file I get the following error:

"The previous script step, "Sort", could not be completed becuase it restores an invalid request. Do you wish to continue with this script"

I press continue and it seems to work fine. What gives?

Any help is appreciated.

Chris

quote:

Originally posted by christof:

I'm setting up FMS on a Citrix server. I have things going along pretty well, excpet for this. One of the databases uses scripted buttons with sorts to display only the relelvant records to a user. On stand-alone, it works fine, but as a hosted file I get the following error:

"The previous script step, "Sort", could not be completed becuase it restores an invalid request. Do you wish to continue with this script"

I press continue and it seems to work fine. What gives?

Any help is appreciated.

Chris

Let's be clear about terminology here, because that is important. Are you actually trying to run FileMaker Server on Citrix? That is unsupported. What you can do is to run FileMAker Pro on a Citrix Server and have each session connect to a SEPARATE CPU running FM Server.

The message you are getting may indicate a corrupt script, and that could get worse.

HTH

Old Advance Man

The client is bring run on Citrix, the FM Server app is being hosted on a dedicated server. Does that clarify? I have to admit, I'm not a network guy, I just use FM and I've been asked to work with the network guys to get this thing running. I can give you more details if you'd like.

This topic is 8158 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.