supercontainer crashes with Snow Leopard

This topic is 5337 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm using Mac OSX v 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard) I downloaded the latest version of SuperContainer - v2_631, images seem to work in list view, but when I switch to a detail view, FileMaker crashes. This occurs using the sample file they provided as well as my own file.

Where are you experiencing this crash? Could you explain this in more detail? I'm not sure what you mean by a detail view. Are you experiencing a crash when there is only one SuperContainer window on the screen, but you are fine when there is more than one?

Yes. Using the sample file that comes with Super Container, there is a list view, with a web viewer on every row (record), and a detail view, with one large web viewer. When I switch to this detail view, the web viewer does not load, it's just a white box, it pauses for a bit, and then the program crashes.

I think you have an old plugin installed somewhere. If you have ANY old plugins which have not been updated since you switched to snow leopard they will cause this crash. This is an issue with any plugins using Java, including plugins from 360Works of which updated versions have not been installed on your machine. New, Snow Leopard-compatible versions of all of our products can be downloaded from our products page . ANY plugin which is installed but not updated will cause this crash, even if it is not in use.

The issue comes when FileMaker tries to load a java applet (any java applet will cause this crash) when an older plugin is installed. The list view you look at does not use the SuperContainer java applet, but the other layouts you are looking at do, which is why this crash is only happening on those layouts.

Edited by Guest

When I start up SuperContainer v. 2.631 on a mac, I get a message "config scanning disabled in this version of SuperContainer, please upgrade to a newer version."

What does this mean? And don't I have the latest version?

Thanks.

- Joe

This topic is 5337 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.