Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Authentication issue after DC and FMS restart

This topic is 5314 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all, this morning I restarted both DC and FMS in order upgrade our system.

I closed FMS first then DC then I restart them in reverse order. DC didn't start properly the first time (some service fail to initialize and it couldn't load Active directory and DNS server) but, unfortunately I discoverd this problem after FMS startup so the database service (which uses AD as external authentication directory) refuse to logon all the domain users even if now DC is properly running and I can only open the files using the Open recent feature in "File" menu.

I'm wondering if I can 'refresh' FMS without restart the entire service (which mean close all file, disconnect all users etc etc..).

I alredy change the authentication method swicthing from external to Filemaker auth. and back.

Any idea?

Upgrade what and how?

The upgrade may have broken something. But I would definitely kick all users off the system, then close all files, then stop database service, then reboot the machine.

If problem still persists either the machine has become unbound from Domain or the upgrades broke something.

Steven

Hello, the upgrade wasn't related to software or server, I just needed to shutdown all PC and server for some minutes owing to a lack in electrical power.

It seems that reboot is the only way to re-join the Active Directory.. it's disappointing FMS didn't refresh the connection with that service sometimes..

This topic is 5314 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.