Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Windows Server 2008 Anonymous User

This topic is 5322 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Trying to get FMSA10 running on Windows Server 2008 and found the following item mentioned under known issues:

"1.2. Installing FileMaker Server on Windows Server 2008 requires the user Anonymous to be enabled. When installing FileMaker Server on Windows Server 2008, if the user Anonymous is disabled then the Deployment Assistant cannot find IIS 7 (Internet Information Services 7.0). Enable the user Anonymous before installing FileMaker Server."

Is the Anonymous User just a user account that needs to be created with the name "Anonymous" or is it related to IIS?

I tried creating a user account called "Anonymous" before installing FMSA10 and I checked in IIS and there and there was "Anonymous Authentication" Enabled.

FMSA10 seems to have installed fine but it can not find IIS even when I specify the IP Address and Port 591 which the IIS default page is using.

Just looking for some clarification on the "Anonymous" user to see if that is where the issue is.

I didn't install the server but it is 64-bit Windows Server 2008 and we are trying to install a Single Machine configuration. Most of my other FMSA work has been on OS-X.

This topic is 5322 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.