Password not accepting on PC

EllenG

This topic is 5334 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have been developing my application on the MAC and just started to port it over for testing on the PC (my computer is XP.)

Well, besides the ugly screen transitions and other "cosmetic" issues with the PC, I have run into 2 major problems..

1. The PC will not let me open the files using my admin username and password. It says the username & password are not valid!! I am able to open with the default user account only, but then have no admin access.

2. I created a runtime on the PC, but it doesn't open. The files do not appear to be correct (the icons are not the same as they are on the MAC)

Anybody run into these problems and what I need to do??

Also, any suggestions for making the screen transitions smoother on the PC?

Thanks.

I did get the password problem resolved. Feel pretty stupid about that...it was an initial space in the username on the login and I just did not notice that.

As to the runtime problem... I also got that to work. But it was really strange. The first time I bound the solution, it would not open. The 2nd time I tried it, it was trying to open a file from another solution and saying that the file did not belong to the current solution (I KNOW I did not include any other files in the process.) The 3rd time, after I re-booted the computer, moved the other solution off my desktop and copied over a fresh set of source files, it bound the solution, but the individual files showed as Runtime 6 files (I used the FMP10 toolkit to bind the solution.) Even more interesting on that was that the files did open and worked! Finally, (4th time is a charm??), I was able to get a good runtime solution created. I have no idea what, why or how....!!!!

This topic is 5334 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.