Error 500 when permissions are set correctly

This topic is 5330 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello

I upgraded a client server to FMS 10 and the latest version of SuperContainer. The client is using Mac OS X Server 10.4.11, Java 5. In Demo mode, the SuperContainer was working fine, however, once I entered the registration code, I started getting Error 500 every time. I fixed the permissions on the SuperContainer files as directed in the FAQs and restarted the server. The /User/Shared/SuperContainer files and folders are now showing the correct permissions, but I am STILL getting Error 500. Any clues??

Karen

Help greatly appreciated...

Error 500 means that the permissions are not set correctly.

You may have installed SuperContainer as a special user for your system, or possibly as root. If this is the case you will need to make sure that the user SuperContainer is being run as has read/write permissions for your SuperContainer folder.

Also, make sure when changing your permissions that you check the box to apply permission changes to all sub directories, otherwise you will only change one folder!

I used the installer jar to install - how can I check and see what user it is installed under??

Also - why would it work properly in Demo mode and then fail when the registration code was entered??

ALL the folders, subfolders, and individual files are displaying the correct "fmserver, fmsadmin" permissions. And Other is also set to R/W - so supposedly anyone can r/w to the files...

Did you run the installer from terminal, by any chance, or as a different user? Was the installer run from an administrator account? A non-administrator running the installer will prevent permissions from being set correctly. You may want to try reinstalling SuperContainer as an account you are sure is an administrator.

The registration information would not have affected the permissions.

Give a call into the office and we can do screen sharing and I can take a look at your configuration directly. Our number is (770) 234-9293

No - I ran the installer from the installer.jar, as I said before. And I only login to this server as administrator since I am using ARD to control it. But reinstalling did solve the problem - I was just hoping there was an easier way. I uninstalled SuperContainer, restarted the server, then reinstalled and restarted again. That seems to have fixed the problem.

FYI - I believe this got screwed up because I uninstalled FM Server 9 without uninstalling the previous version of SuperContainer , then installed FM Server 10, then installed the new version of SuperContainer. So uninstalling SuperContainer cleaned out any trace of the previous version and gave me a clean install of the new version... At least, that is my "magic fairy dust" solution....

thanks for the responses.

Karen

This topic is 5330 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.