Java version for Super Container?

This topic is 5323 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Which version of Java should I be using with Super Container? On my mac with my OSX v10.6.1 (Snow Leopard) I have Java SE 6 and that seems to work just fine.

But on my client's mac - they have Tiger and Java J2SE.5.0 On that machine, you don't get the upload button, just a red x. I saw on a different post. that adding ?style=noapplet to the URL will fix this by making Super Container work as if it is an older version. I did this, and it worked, but what are the repercussions?

What about windows? What version of java is best, or does it depend on the operating system?

Thanks.

- Joe Gold

Angel City Data

Edited by Guest

Adding the style=noapplet parameter makes SuperContainer run without the java applet. In this mode, you will not be able to use drag-and-drop functionality, and SuperContainer will not automatically resize image previews to the size of the window. You will need to specify a size using the height and with URL parameters.

I believe that SuperContainer is compatible with java 1.4 or newer. Your 1.5 should be fine. The latest version of java is recommended, of course (Java 1.6_16 right now, I think), to ensure the best functionality and reduce the possibility of issues.

If you are getting a red x in your browser then it means that you have java disabled. You can enable java by going into preferences on Safari (mac) or internet options on Internet Explorer (windows).

Thanks for your response - but I checked in Safari security settings, and java is enabled. Still getting the red x instead of the upload button. This is on Mac OSX 10.4.10. Adding style=noapplet does make the red x go away, but the limitations you described above are not desirable.

If java is working in safari but not FileMaker you will need to re-install your FileMaker Pro. For some reason java does not always get enabled properly, or is disabled at some point and then is not re-enabled by FileMaker properly. This is usually fixed by a re-install.

You can also call into our office or contact me on skype with the information below if you would like us to do screen sharing to look at this issue with you.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5323 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.