10.6...Tips?

This topic is 5318 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just finished installing SuperContainer 2.631 onto 10.6 and i have some useful notes. Just in case anybody experiences the same issues OR somebody might be able to lead me down the right path rather than use my bodges.

I had to remove the port designation ":8020" for all occurrences of SC throughout the database to get it to show up correctly.

I don't know why but it would be nice to know.

Scratch that!

To make the images display as they did before the upgrade i had to add "+nodelete+center" into the style section of the url when using "noapplet". Otherwise i got the delete box and a handy (but not so handy) scroll bar down the right hand side of all the images.

Now i don't know if there are sensible work arounds for these issues but this is what i had to do and it works.

If anyone has any comments please comment away.

Robin

-----

Quite right David i just had to revert it back once i figured out that the 8020 was stand alone only.

The original version of SuperContainer was 2 but an early 2. It seems the noapplet occurrences need these extra tags after the upgrade to 10.6 to get them back to the original noapplet formatting. The applet versions are fine.

This is no biggy i was more worried about the ports.

Cheers

-----

Edited by Guest

The :8020 is for accessing SuperContainer running in stand alone mode (supercontainerserver.jar). If you install SC with FileMaker Server (Installer.jar) you will not need to add :8020 to your URLs.

The default behavior of SuperContainer 2 is to use a java applet to display the images. This allows automatic image resizing and drag-and-drop uploads. This changed over SuperContainer 1 which did not have the java applet. You will need to use the noapplet style to match the preview style of SuperContainer 1.

This topic is 5318 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.