Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Email Notification Configuaration on FMS10

This topic is 5283 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I've searched the forum and have not found any posts which address this topic. I am trying to configure the E-Mail Notification tab on FMS10 (Windows). I've consulted with my network staff am still stuck. Here is what I have: the appropriate IP address for our Exchange Server in the SMTP Server Address, the correct Port, SMTP Enabled checked, a legitimate recipient e-mail, Errors checkbox marked. I have used my own e-mail adddress for the From Address as well as my own account & PW for the SMTP authentication. When I Test SMTP connections it fails and tells me to check SMTP settings and email address. Question: Does the SMTP authentication require an Email Administrative account & PW, and does it matter what the "From" address is? Are there other ports which must be open? Any and all help appreciated.

Jerry

Not sure about Exchange servers, but normal SMTP servers are usually set up not to require authentication -- ie, no username or password is required. Leave the fields blank.

The POP or IMAP requires a username and password because it's getting mail for a particular user and needs to know which user it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Vaughan,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried without any success. Given the limited amount of information requested to set up Email Notification, one would think it would be straightforward. I have tried every combination of configurations that come to mind, but again, to no avail. I have asked my network staff to look at it from their stance and see if anything comes to mind. In the mean time I am open to any other suggestions.

Thanks you

This topic is 5283 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.