Server Maintenance This Week. ×

database accessing

This topic is 5279 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hi experts i didnt understand where to post this so i came here if i posted in wrong section forgive me. i hav etwo systems one for receptionist one for me i assigned two privileges each one for us full access for me and limited access for receptionist. i made a database so that when my receptionist enters identification data i must immediately access information in my system hope u understood my question "how to access single database with two acessing privileges in two different systems instantly " how to do it pls help me

FileMaker Pro is a good choice for this. Read in FileMaker's help abut "peer to peer" sharing.

Basically, one computer running FMP open the file. Somebody can be using this machine for normal work. The copy of FMP acts as a server for the file to allow other people to share it.

Somebody on another computer runs FMP and uses the Open Remote command to open the shared file. Now both people are using it.

The "best" way of sharing FMP databases is to use a dedicated computer running FileMaker Server. FMS can automate the backing up of the files and is optimised to make the sharing as fast as possible. It can also handle more users.

This topic is 5279 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.