SuperContainer & Certificates of Trust

This topic is 5249 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello -

I have an issue with users on machines where they do not have admin rights. We are using SC on a Windows Server with FM Server 9. My Mac users repeatedly get message like:

"The publisher cannot be verified by a trusted source. Code will be treated as unsigned"

and

"An applet from 'SERVER' is requesting unrestricted access to your computer. The digital signature from "360 Works" has been verified." Allow or Deny

Since the users do not have admin rights they cannot authorize this permanently.

My question is: is there any way that I can issue a "Certificate" to authorize this access and have IT install it on all of the affected computers?

In cases where the computer has admin rights this is not a problem, only for the restricted machines.

Thanks,

Andrea

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't tried this, but it seems like you could first export the certificate from a system that has it installed (either using the Keychain Access app or certtool), and then use the the certtool or AppleScript the Keychain Scripting app to install the the cert on each workstation.

All sounds easy enough, but the devil will be in the details to get this to work. Someone has bound to of done this before, so maybe some googling will be fruitful, but a quick check on my part didn't find anything useful.

Simon.

This topic is 5249 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.