Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Multiple window icons on title bar

Aero

This topic is 8416 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just created a solution that opens and closes many windows for importation and exportation to create stats files. When I run the scripts many times on a PC, I observe funy things. I sudently notice that the title bar of the main window has more and more "X" (where you click to close the window). It also has many window icons (the number of window incons = the number of "X"s on the right top corner). After a short while, the computer freezes and I have to restart the computer. Last time it did that, I lost and entire file. I use a plug-in called "xm2chart.fmx" to generate graphs. I wonder if it has anything to do with it?

RD

shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0crazy.gif" border="0

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into the same problem a while back. I go the same "X' and "-" in the windows symbols. It had nothing to do with FileMaker and everything to do with my operating system beging to corrupt. I'd sugest backing up your data files, making sure you've got all your applications on discs to reinstall and reformat the entire hard drive and start over.

When this occured to me I spent hours and hours on the phone with Compaq support fixing and testing, but in the end, the onl solution was to reformat.

This topic is 8416 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.