Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Security Solution

Bob T

This topic is 5207 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Been with Filemaker since 3.0, created a lot of solutions. Maybe I'm overthinking this one.

IN A NUTSHELL...

Database consept: Time Log

Target users: 25

Target Platform IWP (web-app)

Concept: Users enter time spent on specific projects and managers can run reports on time usage. This part I got (pretty easy) The part I'm having trouble with is the VP does not want users to view other peoples time entries. Only ther own. Is there a utility that will only allow viewing records specific to account names?

The solution is probably simple, but my mind is getting all cramped up. Thanks, Bob

Yep...found it and never knew that function existed. I told you it would be simple.

THANKS a bunch for your help.

"Entering a formula for limiting access on a record-by-record basis"

"To allow or prohibit record viewing, editing, and deleting privileges to certain records within a table, you need to specify a Boolean calculation that determines whether the privilege is permitted. For each record in the database, access is allowed when the calculation evaluates to True or to a non-zero result, and access is prohibited when the calculation evaluates to False or zero. Here are two examples:

To limit access to only those records created by the current account: Define a text field named Record_Created_By, and set the auto-enter option for the field to automatically enter the account name when the record is created. (For details, see Defining automatic data entry.) Then use the following calculation when defining custom record access privileges:"

This topic is 5207 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.