Server Maintenance This Week. ×

File recovered on 2 different computers with 2 different results.

This topic is 5185 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi there,

I would like to think I'm pretty proficient with FMP, however, I have just run into a problem that I'm really scratching my head over.

I have a filemaker file that is being hosted in a central location, and being shared over the network by myself and my boss (we're the only two). My boss is having a lot of issues with filemaker crashing... several times a day. I on the other hand have not experienced these problems. We have tried having him host the file on his computer, which worked for a couple days, but the crashing has started up again for him. When he recovers the file the result is that there were problems detected. It says that it scanned and rebuilt 3317 blocks, and that 6 structure items were modified. However, when I recover this exact same file on my computer it says it's clean, with no problems detected.

Could the difference in results be an issue not with the file, but with my boss' computer?

We are both on Mac's (I'm on OSX 10.5.8, He's on snow leopard). I'm on FMP 10 Advanced, he's on FMP 10 (he just upgraded from 9, but he had the same problems on both versions).

I'm hitting my head against the wall here and not entirely sure what to do to fix this. I would really like to try to avoid a full recovery, as I have a lot of data & pictures in a lot of tables/layouts, that would take a long time to re-import.

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

- Krista

This topic is 5185 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.