Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Archiving webpages

Chalkster

This topic is 5169 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to find a way if there is one of storing a web page from the webviewer as either an image, pdf or as a web page archive to a container field rather than just the html code

I am creating a monitoring system for a price comparison site. When a customer clicks on the item it takes them to a third party site to purchase. When they finish and close the browser window they are presented with a feedback form to indicate if the price on the third party website was correct , near or way wrong. These responses are then submitted and auto emailed to the original price comparison site

The idea is to be able to monitor which retailers are uploading misleading prices.

So far I have got a solution that retrieves the emails from the server and extracts the relevant information including the web link the customer followed. This link is automatically opened in the web viewer for checking.

Because the customer response emails come in constantly the webpage must be checked as soon as possible to be able to see if the customer feedback is correct and before the retailer changes/removes/updates the page. This means checking for emails every 5 mins 24/7 and then the results are reviewed during office hours

Everything is set up and functioning apart from the problem of storing the webpage loaded in the web viewer.

This is the first time I have tried implementing a web viewer into a solution and would appreciate any ideas anyone might have to grab not just the html code but the actual image of the page

Hope I'm making sense!

This topic is 5169 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.