Movies in SuperContainer

This topic is 5175 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I have to create a Digital Asset Management for a number of clients. The clients can upload video files to FileMaker Server Advanced and see them via IWP.

The problem is that the SC viewer shows QuickTime files only in Safari. Firefox and Internet Explorer download the movies instead of showing them in an embedded frame. This, using RawData. Using Files, I can only view the file icon.

I tried to bypass the problem accessing the videos directly via browser, but the problem remains the same. I modified the XML file in the Filemaker server folder and obtained to have the files correctly uploaded to Library/Webserver/Documents. Unluckily, when I try to reach the files via browser, again only Safari shows the movie (RawData). So, I cannot create a web page to solve the IWP problem.

I tried many file types: MP4, .mov, ,mpg.

Is there something wrong in my setup?

Is there a way to view the movies in SC or Firefox/IE?

Thanks.

If you use the RawData url you will see the content of the SuperContainer url as if your browser had been linked to the file directly. If your browser is capable of displaying the filetype directly in the browser it will show, otherwise the browser will prompt you to download the file.

I believe that both Firefox and Internet Explorer have the capability to do this with the proper plugin installed, though they do not come with the quicktime plugin/player installed by default. I think that the quicktime installer from apple asks you if you want to install these plugins when you are running it, but if not you may want to check on plugin sites for each browser and look for the plugin in there.

• Newbies

Thanks for your reply.

Unluckily I'm talking about Firefox Mac, which has no problem to display the movie (mp4, mpg and so on) in a web page. Only using SC the problem occurs.

Then, the same movie reached via browser displays correctly, but if reached via SC the web page requires the download of the file.

It's a big problem: I created a complex solution sure that RawData is the way to go to display all kind of movies admitted by the browser. Only Safari works this way: apparently the other browsers refuse to display the movies.

Filemaker Server Advanced - Snow Leopard Server - clients: Filemaker 10, Safari, Firefox Mac via IWP

I really hope there is a solution.

Thanks

Carlo

This topic is 5175 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.