Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Database Server not connecting

This topic is 5300 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

First of all some specs. Running Windows 2003 server R2, with an install of Filemaker Server 10 advanced version 10.0.2.206

All was fine with version 9. 10 had no issues installing but I believe had issues once I did a restart but not entirely positive its been a while.

I open up the admin console and at the top under overview I see Server status... An error was encountered communicating with the server.

The IP address of the machine is in a red box.. I believe it used to be green..

Web Server and Web Publishing Engine are all on But Database Server is off. So I cannot access pretty much anything in the menu or I get the error...

The Database Server is not available.

Admin Console functionality is limited to FileMaker Server Overview and the Log Viewer.

To use other functionality, please start the Database Server again.

Now for troubleshooting I've restarted the computer. I've also set in services for the server not to start automatically. I've even copied the database out of the directory and started the server then added it in. All of which has had no success to get rid of this error message. Now im not completely sure but I believe I have reinstalled the server.. and by reinstall I mean completely remove and fresh install. What makes no sense is people can still access the server through the web or their client with no issues. But under server information it says I have no hosted files. I even installed drivers for the odbc.. the one that came with version 10 setup. Is there anything else I can try to resolve this? My next step is completely remove filemaker server advanced again and reinstall fresh. Otherwise.. im out of ideas.

This topic is 5300 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.