Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Email connections

This topic is 5159 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm still in the process of upgrading these systems to 10, and I'm still a n00b, so...

I've been asked to find out

- if the email facility withing FMS10 is usable via IWP (I.e. does it work via a web published database)

-If it uses SMTP W/ TLS/SSL or is it strictly an Exchange/MAPI connection (Please say SMTP! :) )

-If it looks for a default mail client, or is it strictly Outlook (please say it works with other mail clients, PLEASE! : )

I know this stuff is in the docs somewhere, but I"m not being given time to read the docs, so I'm hoping that very specific questions that require only almost boolean answers will be simple enough to answer that I won't get an RTFM, which is what I will do as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks all.

Peace.

• Newbies

Ok, so I found the settings. SOrry for the idiotic question before. Now, I've stumbled on another issue, and I can't find a straightforward solution for it. I'm hoping someone here can offer assistance.

Our mail server does use SMTP, but uses SSL and TLS as auth and encryption. It looks like the SMTP connection in FMS10 uses only cram-md5 for auth. I'm certain there's a way to use SSL/TLS for auth and encryption, can anyone offer a pointer?

Thanks Much!

Peace

This topic is 5159 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.