Server Maintenance This Week. ×

EMail Plugin registration issue

This topic is 5152 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Plug-in was installed on the IWP application on filemaker server 9.5 advanced on or about 11/09. Worked OK untill recently. Will work when I restart the webapp until demo expires then I get an error. "An error occurred: DEMO mode expired! (16) You can continue to run in demo mode by restarting FileMaker, or you can register with a valid license key. Visit http://www.360works.com to obtain a license key."

We re-installed the license key at the server "via web". Got a message that registration was complete yet still goes into error after timeout.

Any suggestions?

FYI...

We used the file360Works Email Plugin Examples as a base for our database because all the scripts were already built. Is this OK?

Thanks-in advance

Bob

To register the plugin on the server or for IWP you need to run a registration script from either of those two methods. If you want to use the plugin in IWP you will need to register the plugin through a script triggered through IWP. (You also need to have an enterprise license for the plugin, of course.)

If your plugin was working before in IWP and then stopped working, it is most likely that the plugin was de-registered by running a registration function without any license information or by running the registration function with invalid license information. You may need to check your scripts and make sure that nobody entered a registration script with invalid information in it.

Is this a one shot deal and I won't need to run the registration script again? Or should I create a script that registers the serial number everytime I open the database? Do you see any issues with the latter?

Running the registration script when you open the database is fine, and probably a good idea. It isn't going to cause a problem, and if someone accidentally registers the plugin with some other information it will make sure that it is corrected when your users open the database.

This topic is 5152 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.