Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Hide Layout Drop Down Menu

kerkness

This topic is 5044 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Is there anyway that I can Show the status bar, but not show the Layout drop down menu, or the little buttons that change view ?

In my db/app I typically have the the entire Status bar hidden and have the user navigate by buttons in the layout. However when previewing certain reports I would like to show the status bar but don't want the Layout drop down menu visible.

Would also like to add.. I'm pretty new to Filemaker although I have over 15 years development experience with MySQL based solutions. These forums have been a great resource. Thanks to everyone who contributes.

Is there anyway that I can Show the status bar, but not show the Layout drop down menu, or the little buttons that change view ?

No.

However if you de-select the option for layouts to appear in the layout menu then it effectively disables it: the menu is visible but it never pops up because it has nothing in it, so it cannot be used to change layout.

The little change mode icons cannot be disabled, but they are linked to custom menus so their behaviour can be controlled.

I've gone back to allowing the status area/toolbars to be visible and allowing the user to access all the power of the FileMaker interface but within defined (but invisible to them) limits controlled through custom menus. It's less work for me and more consistent and powerful for them.

• 3 months later...

This topic is 5044 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.