Portal data changes between two layouts

kemo

This topic is 8028 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am working with two related files: Employees, which contains all general information about the employees, and Job Entries, which contains all of the job-related information for each employee (contract dates and renewals, position titles, department, manager, etc.).

In my Employee file, I have a layout called "Job Entry-Update" that contains a portal to view all related job entries for that employee and allows the creation of a new entry to record contract renewals or merit increases. The portal is based on a relationship called Job Entry with the related fields being Filename::Filename. This portal is set to allow creation of related records.

This portal works great, however I wanted a layout in which the user could view the job entries for an employee in a descending chronological order and without the blank record at the top. Here's where the problem lies.

I duplicated my relationship for the first portal and named it Job Entry View, but this relationship is set NOT to allow the creation of related records. My new layout "Job Entry-View" contains an identical portal as on the "Job Entry-Update" layout, with the portal relationship being set to Job Entry View. However, when I view my new layout with the "view-only" portal, the dates are incorrect, even though the record numbers from which the information is being pulled are the same.

Take Jodi's file, for example. In the Job Entry-Update layout, the file shows one record (#41) with an Effective Date of 1/21/2001, a Start Date of 1/21/2001, and an End Date of 3/31/2001, and a second record (#88) with an Effective Date of 4/01/2001, a Start Date of 4/01/2001, and an End Date of 3/31/2002. But when I go to the Job Entry-View layout, the file shows the following for the two records: #41--Effective 1/01/2001, Start Date 1/01/2001, End Date 3/03/2001; #88--Effective 4/04/2001, Start Date 4/04/2001, End Date 3/03/2002.

Somebody please help! Thanks.

My guess is that you duplicated the portal but did not change the fields. When you duplicate such a layout, you need to not only change the portal that you are using, but also the fields within that portal. I'm betting that the fields you have on the "view only" layout are still pulling from the original relationship.

This topic is 8028 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.