Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FTPeek & forward slashes in filenames

This topic is 5142 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

In Mac OS X it's permitted to have forward slashes in filenames, however, I haven't been able to get FTPeek_UploadFile to upload a file with a filename that has forward slashes.

Is there a work around I'm missing?

Thanks,

Keith

Is FTPeek giving you an error or is the server giving you an error when you try to upload?

There are two possible issues that I'm seeing.

A) Your server may be rejecting the character - a '/' is used to indicate a folder, and putting one in the file's name may be interfering with your server saving the file

: FileMaker uses / to escape characters, such as quotation marks in a string. You often need to do a double forward slash (//) to get a forward slash to show in text in quotes in FileMaker. You may need to parse and correct the filename to allow FileMaker to handle this.

In general, it is a bad idea to put slashes in a filename, as it is a restricted character on many systems (such as FileMaker and for FTP transfers, as we are seeing). I would recommend not putting a slash in your filename if it all possible.

If you are getting an error from the FTPeek plugin, please post your error here or use the "report a bug" feature to send your log to 360Works. The report a bug button is located in the FileMaker Preferences -> Plugins tab -> FTPeek plugin -> configure button -> report a bug.

This topic is 5142 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.