Connecting to Supercontainer server problem

This topic is 5141 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I'm experiencing a strange issue where from my office environment the message "Connecting to SuperContainer server" never resolves 50% of the time, and ends up in a java.thread.death message. The other 50% of the time the connection is made without issue.

However, from home, I never have a problem connecting to the server.

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced something similar and found a solution.

Thanks!

What versions of SuperContainer Server and Java are you using? Maker sure that you are using SuperContainer 2.744 and Java 6 update 19.

Also, do you have any firewall or antivirus software running? It is possible that they may be interfering with the java applet.

You may want to try using the style=noapplet URL parameter to disable the java applet. This will prevent you from being able to use the drag-and-drop functionality, but may help with these issues if you can't find what on your computer is causing the traffic to be blocked.

Proxies are not supported for use with SuperContainer, but we've worked with customers before to configure their servers if it was necessary. You can give a call to 770-234-9293 and ask for Val. He may be able to help you out, though he may need to bill you for the time.

This topic is 5141 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.