Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Outlook 2010?

mf

This topic is 4793 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

We are going to Windows 7 and testing Office 2010 (beta). Currently we are using version FM 10. When trying to send an email using the Send Mail script (via E-mail client), FM crashes (same script was fine under XP and Outlook 2003).

The error: "FileMaker Pro has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program"

I know 2010 is not officially out, but choosing a different mail client is not really an option as our org is keen in using Office 2010 as soon as it is available in June (by-passing 2007).

I will try FM 11 next, but I was curious if anyone else has experimented with Office 2010 along with FileMaker?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts

• 2 weeks later...

Except...

Using FM11 and Outlook 2010, the TO: field does not get filled (the email address of the recipient does not transfer)

(I'm using Office 2010 RTM)

Note: I found out that others have had issues with 2007 so I'll check if any solutions for 2007 might work for 2010

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Did you find out what Filemaker says about their compatibility with OfficeOutlook 2010?

We are planning to go there once it is officially released.

I have been using Outlook 2010 with FM11 and it seems fine.

Thanks.

Aside from the previous post I haven't investigated with FileMaker further. I found some older postings using Outlook 2007 and FileMaker and I am not very hopeful that the issues with 2010 will be fixed.

I am now looking at 360works email plug-in, with SMTP. It seems unproductive to write an email client but I will keep it simple (just outbound) and bcc the sender so they have a copy in their Outlook.

And after using FM11 for a bit, we found that some spacing in reporting works differently than it did in FM10: this means a lot of work to go revisit our reporting (in more than one FM system)so I will keep that task for a later date.

Edited by Guest

Hi guys interesting thread. We'll be installing office 2010 in the next couple of months and outlook is one of the programs I need to test. Any ideas whether sending out mail without the dialog still produces the annoying security message through Outlook?

I'll be doing some testing no doubt in the next month but will also be testing sending emails through the server see if that method is reliable

• 9 months later...

Did you find out what Filemaker says about their compatibility with OfficeOutlook 2010?

We are planning to go there once it is officially released.

I have been using Outlook 2010 with FM11 and it seems fine.

Thanks.

What is your setup like over there? We have FMP 9 with Outlook 2010 on Windows 7, and it doesn't work. Tried FMP 11 with Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 and doesn't work either. Are you still using XP SP3?

This topic is 4793 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.