Server Maintenance This Week. ×

360works WebAssistant causing FM11 on Windows Server 2008 to crash

This topic is 5125 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am running Filemaker Pro 11 and Advanced 11 on a Windows 2008 terminal server with the WebAssistant plug-in.

Unfortunately, after the latest round of Microsoft updates (maybe co-incidentally), Filemaker will not start with the WebAssistant plugin installed. If I remove the extension FM starts fine.

I have just updated to the latest version of the plugin (1.511) but this has not helped.

I have tried uninstalling all the Windows updates that were installed yesterday and that has not helped. There are however a bunch of Office updates including Office 2007 SP2 that I have not taken off yet but am really hoping I won't need to as I need some of these updates for the functionality they have.

Has anyone else seen similar problems and is there a workaround?

Thanks

Michael

I haven't heard of any updates from Microsoft causing issues with any of our plugins, and if you uninstalled the updates and the problem persists it is even less likely that the update caused the issue.

Do you have any other plugins installed? If so, remove all other plugins and give Web Assistant another try.

I also recommend making sure that you are using the most up-to-date version of Java, which is currently Java 6 Update 20.

Hi there

All fixed now.

At first, I tried updating Java using the Java updater tool. That took it from Java 6 update 19 to j6u20. Still no luck at that point.

I then manually re-downloaded Java from the Sun site and installed it again. After doing this FM started loading normally and is running WebAssistant fine.

Thanks

Michael

This topic is 5125 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.