Windows credentials passed to FMP?

This topic is 5121 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everyone,

I have FileMaker Server authenticate against Active Directory. The users have to enter their logon credentials when they log in to FileMaker. If I close FMP, open it, and log in with my admin credentials, it still acts as though a read-only user is logged in. Are the Windows login credentials automatically passed to FMP despite what you enter when logging in to a database? Is there a way around this or is it by design?

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

Originally that is what I thought but after some testing, it seems to be passing the Windows login credentials to the databases.

When our "main" database is opened, a script is triggered that opens several other databases, but there is no 'Login using:' account specified in the file options. I would expect that the account that was used to login to the original database should be passed throughout the script to verify their appropriate access to each database specified.

Here is an example:

On my PC, I log into Windows with an account that also has FMP admin privileges. When I log in to FMS I am prompted to enter my username and password. Whether I enter my admin user/pass or any read-only user/pass, I still have admin access.

The same works oppositely if I load FMP from a PC that is using a read-only windows account.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5121 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.