FM Pro 7v1 JDBC MacOSX ISSUE

This topic is 5075 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Okay, there are several things I need help with.

1) On Mac OS X 10.5, Under sharing I'm not seeing ODBC/JDBC. How to get this option to show up in the menu? Note: I have the same FM Pro 7, installed on windows XP, and it's showing up, just not on Mac.

2) I've written a Java Application to try and connect to the FM Pro 7 database on my windows version. I have already turn on ODBC/JDBC sharing, to all users, and added the ODBC/JDBC privilege to the users, the fm pro file is also opened within FM Pro. This is the error I get from my application:

java.sql.SQLException: [DataDirect][sequeLink JDBC Driver][sequeLink Server]Unable to retrieve error message from backend ODBC Driver.

My jdbc connection url is:

jdbc:sequelink://127.0.0.1:2399;serverDataSource=Purchase%20Orders;

Where [Purchase%20Orders] is the name of the fm pro 7 file. (Purchase Orders.fp7)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Edited by Guest

• Newbies

IS THIS FORUM DEAD???

For anyone that can help, if there is anyone at all on this forum.

This is as far as I got from, I've fixed the JDBC error. apparently the Sequel Driver don't like spaces in the File Names, so removing the space (%20) fixes the error.

Anyways, there is a new error.

I'm having difficulty querying a table in Filemaker Pro 7 via JDBC. Below is the error message.

[DataDirect][sequeLink JDBC Driver]Network Problem, session aborted due to internal error in remote procedure call, connection closed.

The code snippet is this:

try

{

statement = con.createStatement();

ResultSet rset = statement.executeQuery("SELECT * FROM products");

ResultSetMetaData metaData = rset.getMetaData();

int numberOfColumns = metaData.getColumnCount();

for(int i=0; i

{

System.out.printf( "%sn", metaData.getColumnName( i ) );

}

}

catch (SQLException ex)

{

JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(this, ex.getMessage(),"SQLException",JOptionPane.ERROR_MESSAGE);

return;

}

The program breaks on the actual sql query.

• Newbies

So far this forum has been useless.

Anyways I'll give it a final try.

I figured out why the program crashes on the SQL statement. For some reason the Sequelink driver hangs only when you try to execute a statement using the wild card [*], if I substitute it with the real column name it works.

Does anyone know of a way to get that to work with the wild card or just get the column names. I'm not interested in the data at this pt.

In my case the column name supposed to be unknown to the application, and then retrieved from the SQL statement.

Note: I cannot use 'SHOW COLUMNS FROM tbl_name' nor 'DESCRIBE tbl_name' since the Sequelink Driver don't support that. How convenient.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

FMP 7 is not compatible with Leopard and later.

Why are you developing with FMP 7? It is extremely buggy.

So far this forum has been useless.

Ask for your money back. :

• Newbies

I'm doing a database conversion.

The client has FMP 7, and I need to get the data into MySQL format. So far I can get every thing out via JDBC. Except for the images (container fields).

When I run a query on the image field it's returning a question mark as the data.

Which is very weird.

By any chance do you know if it is possible to build a website on top of FMP7 using php.

Note: The Mac Leopard I'm testing on is a virtual machine I've setup in vmware. Since the client uses a Mac. Their Mac is version 10.3 or 10.4 either one, I can't remember off hand.

I'm also testing this on Windows XP sp3. Since that is my default development environment for writing the Java Application.

Thanks, in advance.

• Newbies

Okay, so far I'm trying everything I can think off and I'm not getting anywhere. I've never written applescript code before. However, it's the only thing that seems to be getting the image data out of the container field. The problem is I can't write it to a file.

Below is my code:

set the_file to (((path to desktop) as string) & "fmp_output.csv") as file specification

set _output to ""

set _data to ""

set _item to ""

try

open for access the_file with write permission

on error

try

close access the_file

end try

end try

tell application "FileMaker Pro"

tell document DB           

repeat with i from 1 to (count records)

tell record i

set _item to (get data cell "Item")

set _data to (get data cell "Picture")                 

set _output to _output & "n" & _item & "," & _data                   

end tell

end repeat

end tell

end tell

try

write (_output) to the_file starting at 0

close access the_file

"File Written"

end try

My aim is to write the container field as a hex value into the file.

Thank you for your support.

When I try this I'm getting this error.

execution error: Can’t make «data PICT[hex code for file goes here]» into type Unicode text. (-1700)

This topic is 5075 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.