Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Goto Layout By Name Problem

This topic is 5099 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a filemaker 11 file that I have been developing since version 9. Everything has worked fine on it until today when I took advantage of the new layout folders option. I put all of my layouts into folders and then I noticed one of my navigation scripts stopped working for 1 layout. This layout is called "Quotes". The script has the step "Go To Layout By Name" that is set to a global variable containing the appropriate layout name. Every other layout works except Quotes. In the script debugger I get an error 105 "Layout Missing".

The weird thing is if I delete my quotes layout all together and create a new layout called "Quotes" it still doesn't work, but if I rename the layout to something else, like "Quotes_New" it works just fine.

If I create a whole new script and just have the go to layout via layout name "Quotes" that doesn't work either. So I don't think it is a problem with the script.

If I run the recover command on this file it doesn't find any errors but it fixes the problem and the navigation script will take me to the "Quotes" layout just fine.

So what is going on here? Why does recover say no problems found but it fixes this issue? Save as compacted and save as clone do not resolve the issue.

Any ideas? Is this file safe to use after the recovery? It isn't reporting any problems after all.

Is the layout folder also names "Quotes"?

It's been observed that the folder names should not be the same as the layouts.

Vaughan, You are a lifesaver!! That is exactly what it was. I made sure to change the name of any folder that had the same name as a layout and the problem went away.

I wonder why the heck Filemaker would allow such a problem to exist? Oh well, at least now I don't need to worry about needing to spend the next month rebuilding my file from scratch :)-)

This topic is 5099 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.