Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Not always opening files

This topic is 5089 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

On all existing clients I have a fm9 opening file that has the script "open remotely" where the user selects the "Access" file on the server from the "remote pop up window", then when opening this "Access" file on the server, causes its log-in window to pop up, for the user to enter the user name and password, which when correct, then continues the script to open all the other files with the same user name and password passed on to these other files seamlessly.

This works just file for all my clients except the new laptop just acquired. This laptop accesses the server, but when opening remotely using the same opening file (or manually) the "Access" file opens WITHOUT the login window for this file but the login windows for some but not all of the files in the set do pop up (which they shouldn't as the Access file should pass on this data to all files if it functioned properly. Where is the bug?

Old Clients have FM9 as the opening file

Old Clients run OS 10.4.11

New Client has FM9 as the opening file

New Client runs OS 10.5.x

(though I call this "new" to the network it's an old G4 powerbook that's in good working order as is a back up rarely used, I think it was running 10.4x in the past but this is the first time with 10.5. )

Host has FM Server 9.0.3.326

Host runs OS 10.4.11

Thanks to all for taking their time to answer.

This topic is 5089 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.