web based data in MySql - will filemaker be the right solution ?

This topic is 5092 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Dear All,

I am hoping to find either an answer or purchase an hour of 1-1 training (perhaps via an online meeting and telephone call) to answer a question that the Apple one-to-one training staff couldn't:-

--------

I have developed software in MS Access for a number of years, and have been looking at filemaker having recently converted to Mac.

Before making the switch and investing what will no doubt be many hours in filemaker, I had a specific demonstration that I wished to see to see how easy it was to perform a task that access has not been very good at.

I'll set out my notes, am looking to know if this is within filemakers capabilities (And then perhaps pay for training to see it to see it demonstrated. - I am based in Birmingham UK)

The brief- as an example application.

To connect to a MySql web based database, and read and write to its tables.

To create a form that displays data from a table on that database

To perform a selection of records on that data by using a dropdown combo box

To print out to pdf a report on those records by clicking a button

to package this as an application that can be distributed as a .exe usable by mac or windows users without needing filemaker

To understand any constraints (eg number of connections permitted) and which version of filemaker I would need to do this.

I have set up a very simple database with one table of customers, and a few records on on a domain, and could give access to this for the purposes of demonstration !.

Many thanks

Simon.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5092 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.