Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Stylesheet Linking

This topic is 8565 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am trying to request an XML data set with an XSL stylesheet tag using the web companion.

If I leave off the -stylehref=stylesheet.xsl tag I get the XML data returned fine... if I include the tag FMP locks up.

If I manually insert the stylesheet reference into the returned XML, I get my properly formatted output, so I know that the stylesheet is well-formed and works.

Has anyone gotten a stylesheet to automatically load with their XML call?

Any things to suggest I try?

[This message has been edited by tpoint (edited November 13, 2000).]

• Newbies

I'll post an answer to my own topic to let anyone interested know what I found.

The FMP layout I was using XML to link to has 50 fields to be transferred to the browser. The fields are primarily short text. In my first test I was trying to 'find' about 20 records, but I kept getting a hang of FMP (browser timed out waiting). My machine is a Dell P3/1GHZ which tends to perform well in taxing situations.

Anyway, I finally cut the number of records to be found down to 3 and it worked. Pregressive testing showed that FMP hung up randomly when trying to pull about 17 records from the database. All records worked in small randomly grouped requests (verifying that it was not a bad imbedded character or something in the record data).

A test of a file with 5 fields, pulling a subset from about 44,000 records worked fine.

Does anyone have any input on record sizes (# of fields) and FMPs limitations in tranferring XML?

[This message has been edited by tpoint (edited November 19, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by tpoint (edited November 19, 2000).]

This topic is 8565 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.