Server Maintenance This Week. ×

PDF Page Setup

stefwef

This topic is 5072 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm creating pdfs (with a page setup from fmp, saved to desktop) and they look great, but then when open in preview or Adobe (they look great) and hit "print" (to paper), the paper printout is all messed up. Upon further inspection, the page setup in Acrobat is all weird. Is that page setup setup in Acrobat or can it be associated with the pdf? If so, how do I do it (in fmp preferably). Any advice? Thanks!

Start by deleting the Adobe reader prefs, or re-installing it. It could also be a problem with the printer driver.

Exactly what version of FMP and OS X are you using?

Thanks! So it sounds like it's not a FMP issue?

I am using fmp9 and Mac 10.4.11 though the company people are using fmp9 and all sorts of macs, usually higher than mine. The issue is occurring for pretty much everybody, as the pdf exported from fmp is a LEGAL and people's print setups are set to LETTER by default.

I know that with other apps like WORD the print setup is saved with the file, not with the application, and I was hoping pdfs might be the same so that I could attach a print setup to the file and people wouldn't have to change their print setup to LEGAL every time they want to print the pdf...

When you quote the FMP version, it's important to also note the number after the "v". For FMP 9 the last revision was 9.0v3, which means if you're running 9.0v1 or v2 you're running versions that have bugs that were fixed in v3 version.

How are the pdfs being created: the Save as PDF script step, or through the Print dialog?

Here's an idea: download the FMP 11 trial version and see if that makes a difference.

This topic is 5072 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.