Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Email Plugin crashes FM 11 client on Win7 x64

This topic is 5048 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello all,

I have a fresh install of FM 11 client on a Win7 x64 Enterprise box, quite pristine, no other version of FM has ever been installed here. All is fine until I put the WIN version email plugin version 1_944 (=current) into the "Extensions" folder - then FM can't start up, failing with (yes, German Windows ;-)

Problemereignisname: APPCRASH

Anwendungsname: FileMaker Pro Advanced.exe

Anwendungsversion: 11.0.1.103

Anwendungszeitstempel: 4b90cbce

Fehlermodulname: StackHash_713e

Fehlermodulversion: 6.1.7600.16559

Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 4ba9b29c

Ausnahmecode: c0000374

Ausnahmeoffset: 000cdc9b

Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.4

No other extensions are present oder active.

After each failed start, 360pluginlogsmiscellaneous.txt contains an additional line

(C++ Fri Jul 02 14:58:32 2010) writeAttachedJarFile(): writing jar C:UsersGEORG~1.STOAppDataLocalTemp360Works_Email.jar

Anyone who has seen and solved this problem on this platform?

Thanks a lot for any hints,

Georg

It sounds like you may have an older version of a plugin which was installed through auto update. Take the email plugin out of your extensions directory and restart your filemaker. Do you have anything showing up in your FileMaker preferences > Plugins tab?

• Newbies

Thanks for the quick reply! If I do that, the only plugin shown in the "Plugins" window is "AutoUpdate" (currently deactivated, but problem is the same if activated).

Also pls note that the problem persisted from the first moment of installing the plugin; I don't think it had time to perform a "downgrade".

What version of Java are you using? I recommend using Java 6 Update 20. Make sure you get the 32-bit version!

Also, you may have accidentally put an older version of the plugin on there. You can't tell by looking at the .fmx file, unfortunately. Try updating your java, re-downloading the plugin from our site, and let me know if that works for you.

• Newbies

Thanks for your concern! I had Java 6.20 installed, but also older versions. Uninstalled all of them.

Then tried running FM with the email plugin without any Java installed - the crash dump mentioned earlier occurs and looks exactly the same without Java installed. This might indicate that Java is not involved in the problem, i.e. that the problem occurs even before Java is required; but I can't be sure of that.

Then did a fresh install of Java 6.20 (32 bit) - no change regarding the problem, comes up just like before.

:

Our plugin won't load at all without java installed, so it definitely sounds like something else is going on, or you may have some weird, corrupt java installed on your system still. Give me a call if you like and we can do screen sharing and I can take a look at your system.

• Newbies

Thanks for the offer! Have just tried with another 360works plugin (Charts demo) and get the exact same crash. Will do a fresh Windows install sometime. Short term, I'm switching to a Windows server session to run the app with the email plugin.

This topic is 5048 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.