Need help with ODBC connection from Windows 64-bit operating system

This topic is 5061 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We use ODBC to connect from an Oracle database on a Windows 32-bit operating system to a Filemaker database, using "DataDirect 32-bit SequeLink 5.5" on the Windows system. After some help from the local rep getting it set up a few months ago, it has been working very well.

Now, however, the Windows machine is being upgraded to a 64-bit system, and the "DataDirect 32-bit SequeLink 5.5" ODBC does NOT work on the new 64-bit server...

I contacted the rep to ask where we can find an ODBC client that will work with FileMaker on a 64-bit Windows operating system, but the answer that I got -- after the rep consulted with FileMaker -- was that "there is no version of DataDirect 32-bit SequeLink 5.5 for 64-bit Windows operating systems" and that no update is planned for the time being, the conclusion being simply that "there is no solution for this issue".

That seems hard to believe, and I'm hoping someone here can help me find a solution -- for which I would be very grateful! Please keep in mind, I'm not an expert, just an end-user, so I would appreciate if anyone offering a solution could please keep this in mind :-)

Thanks very much in advance!

This topic is 5061 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.