Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 5002 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The documentation from FM states that you can store sound but can't play them in a container field. Has anyone made a work around for this? I tried to embed as a Quicktime movie since iPhones and iPads are built on Quicktime but nothing. My system is designed for kids with fun listening tests that rely on containers with recorded sentences. If anyone can think of a way around this limitation, that would be great.

I'm not aware if this applies to GO as well? But each snippet should be unloaded via the script into the OS and then "performed" via the next scriptstep:

do shell script "afplay /System/Library/Sounds/Submarine.aiff"

Where here is it the path to one of the standard OS alert sounds addressed.

--sd

I think Matt P. did something like reference to a web page with the sound file. Sounds good but I wonder how to trigger it without having to push extra buttons... I will play around with this and post up what I come to. I like to use free things such as youtube so I will see if this works.

Well, if anyone cares, I think I did it. I made a pop-layout and put a browser window in it with a calculation based on parameters. it opened the layout in a new window and Youtube has a special, small sized plugin that looks great. After playing the video, when you hit done, it goes right back into FM Go. It was smooth and worked great. Still have to push buttons but it works just fine.

I guess someone could make a second table to store all the links and just pass that on easily in the calculation.

This topic is 5002 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.