Server Maintenance This Week. ×

ODBC Problem

This topic is 8543 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am using FM PRO 5.0.

I have tried accessing a FM5.0 file using ODBC and EXCEL, ACCESS and another ODBC compliant application.

All attempts have failed.

I have set up the ODBC data source and am able to select it. I have enabled LDAP in the FM file and opened and minized the file.

In all cases I see the field names in the FM file but I cannot retrieve any data!

ACCESS seems to start importing the data then throws off an error message saying that one particular field is an invalid format. This field is the same number format as dozens of other fields that come before it!

Excel will just chug away for a couple of minutes and never return any data. A third application (WEBFOCUS) can also read the field names but returns an open cursor error and will not retrieve any records.

Anyone got a clue?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Newbies

I've had no problem making ODBC connections from Windows based products to FMPro 5 running on a Mac. I've hit it from MSSQL, and Crystal Reports.

Of course you have the Remote data plugin clicked, right!!

The problem I'm having is the ODBC connection kicks off the "summary" fields in the FMPro. One of the databases with over 9000 and about 50 layouts and 10 summary fields takes so long to pull data from that when I come back the next day FMPro has crashed.

Are you sure you're connected? Could it be timing out?

• 4 weeks later...

This topic is 8543 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.