Server Maintenance This Week. ×

File Requires "Full Access" to login.

smi

This topic is 4972 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am just wrapping up moving our company's database from Access to FMP 11. Upon setting up the user accounts I have found an interesting issue. If the account level is anything other than "Full Access" it immediately gives the following message and kicks me back to the login in screen: "Your access privileges do not allow you to perform this action."

I though it may have to do with a script associated with the opening layout so I made a new layout that is blank associated with a new blank table and set the file to open with that layout. I still receive the same error.

Things are working now, I just have to have all accounts as "Full Access" with obviously isn't ideal. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

No, it's not really working now. Something is very wrong.

Check the file options and see what layout is specified and what script is specified to run on open. Also check that the auto-login is disabled.

Then check the startup script for steps that edit fields.

Check the privilege set and see whether it is preventing access to fields or layouts that are specified at startup.

• Newbies

Thank you for the reply. Auto login is disabled and there are no start-up scripts. I started with a custom rule set, but then tried the other default FMP rule sets. Only full access gets in. The opening layout is a completely blank layout with no scripts and a blank table associated with. I made this layout to make sure there wasn't something with the normal default layout causing the issue. That's what got me here. I know it is something with my file because I made some new test files and was easily able to switch rule sets, I just don't know what.

Edited by Guest

• Newbies

Okay, I finally had some more time to look at it and I have it figured out. I narrowed the problem down to opening files on FMS. When the file is hosted on my Mac it will open the other privilege sets. There is an extended privilege called "Access via FileMaker Network (fmapp)." By default the only privilege set that has this selected is Full Access. I opened it up on the others and now it works fine.

This topic is 4972 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.