Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMPro and ColdFusion

nf00

This topic is 8496 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I've been working with a FMPro 5ul, ColdFusion 4.5.1 and Apache Server set-up for a couple months now and I constantly run into FMPro ODBC driver problems. I have found that putting FMPro on a seperate machine from CF and Apache has increased the reliability of the set-up, but the speed is ridiculously slow. I'm working on a LAN behined a firewall so it's not the network connection. Besides anytime I query my Access Datasources the speed is more than pleasing. I'm running on WinNT SPk5.

Couple Questions to every/anyone:

- Has anyone found a ODBC Driver that works well for FMPro databases besides the one that is packaged with the application? An Update Perhaps?

- Does anyone know of plans for Filemaker to make their FMPro Server software capable of sharing through ODBC rather than being forced to use the FMPro Client?

This is getting frustrating.

[This message has been edited by nf00 (edited November 28, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by nf00 (edited November 28, 2000).]

• 1 month later...

I'm attempting to do the same thing, but I can't even get the datasource to be reccognized under CF... well actually, it's recognized, but it reports it as "verified" regardless of whether or not the file even exists!

At this point, I'm thinking of migrating to Access, although not really looking forward to it.

Has anyone gotten Filemaker and coldfusion to work together?

This topic is 8496 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.